EXPECTING LIFE

Wednesday, February 12, 2003

I NEED TO GET OUT MORE

Have you been feeling edgy, pent up, frustrated with the people around you, or isolated? Well, me too. Turns out I may be an asshole, or, I may have cabin fever.

That's right bloggers, Cabin fever. And I am not alone.

"Most Minnesotans would recognize the symptoms. They've either had cabin fever or know others who have suffered through it. Cabin fever strikes most often during our long, often severe winters, but it can get a person down anytime during the year." News Information

I hear that. This winter has been long, and severe. What was it yesterday, negative 30? Ouch.

But how do I know what cabin fever is?

"a change in sleep patterns; (oversleeping but not refreshed, cannot get out of bed, needing a nap in the afternoon)
depression - feelings of despair, misery, guilt, anxiety, hopelessness
normal tasks become frustratingly difficult
withdrawal from friends and family, avoiding company crankiness, irritability lack of feeling/emotion
lethargy - decreased energy, everything an effort
joint pain
stomach problems
lowered resistance to infection
behavioral problems (especially in young people)
appetite changes (usually increased appetite) carbohydrate craving
weight gain
loss of interest in sex
difficulty concentrating and accomplishing tasks premenstrual syndrome (worsens or only occurs in winter)
a constant state of sadness
decreased productivity. " all signs you have Seasonal Affective Disorder, or SAD

I think I must have about four or five of those symptoms, I know the premenstrual syndrome has been getting worse and worse.

Of course, us SAD people don't have to walk around, pissed off at the world, making our frineds and family miserable. We can get help. No no, not that silly Doctor stuff. We have a Top Ten thing's to cure cabin fever

Enjoy.

-
| <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>