EXPECTING LIFE

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Davey Jones' Locker

One of my Bettas died today. He had a good run-I bought him in September. THe other one I bought at the same time is doing fine, and now has twice as much space to swim around in.

Possible causes of death:
*Frustration-The two fish were divided, but could see each other. I caught this one trying to break through the plastic divider to get to his pal.
*Confinement-He took his own life after failing to escape his half-year prison.
*Neglect-Over Winter break I forgot to have them fed. After four weeks of malnourishment he had halved in size. It was only a matter of time . . .
*Natural selection-See above-except the other fish just got stronger.

In Other News

Few things in life are greater than chicken wings. Little fleshy bits of tender white meat, smothered in sauce. Mmmmm. Yes, I just typed the sound of joy.

One thing is better for sure, though. Last night, I ate wings with Carly. See how things get better? Wings AND my girlfriend. She stayed over again. Even though I miss the sleep after she stays over (I think I have mentioned she is a bed hog) I miss it even more when she doesn't stay over.

And now, the best thing of all-The promise of more winged nights to come. We are moving in together after the semester is over. We were going to move into a hous ewith a few friends, but we found a nice one bedroom, and I thnk we have settled on that. Thoughts of decorating my new home with her, being able to cook my own meals (good-bye wally's cafe), and most importantly, a full sized bed, dance through my head. I couldn't ask for more.
Ok, Maybe a big-screen TV.

Tomorrow, I will talk about the MVP race, and the post season, but I just can't think about it today.

~"Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love - and to put its trust in life."
-Joseph Conrad

-
| <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>