EXPECTING LIFE

Thursday, November 17, 2005

SLEEP DEPRIVATION

I am dragging ass today. All because of a little ball of fur that can't weigh more than 6 ounces. That's right, a mouse. A mouse in our house. It somehow got into our baseboard heater, and couldn't get out. So it just ran up and down the filament, making the most horrible sounds and making sure we stayed awake.

It was hard to track down, because everytime we would move to try and find it, it would get quiet again. I finally figured out where it was hiding, and had the chore of trying to remove it. I tried taking the screws that hold the heater to the wall out, but after two hours of sleep when you should have 8, manual dexterity is at a premium. Lucky for me brute strength is not. I just ripped the heater off the wall. The mouse was still inside, but I was not quick enough to catch it with my bag.

No more noise, but we still have a damned mouse running around somewhere. I don't like the thought of that.

And now I can't sleep, so my mind is acting like the TV on the fritz. I am tuning channels at warp speed, and I can't get rid of the fuzz.

Like this:

It occurred to me that you are lucky when the person you are saying "I Love You" to has more people around her that want to be the one to say that. You are blessed when you don't give a shit about them.

A Hippos mouth can open 180 degrees. That's amazing.

The reason Win a Date with Tad Hamilton is a better than average chick flick is because the antagonist is also likeable. Huh.

There aren't any good stage show bands anymore. Digitizing killed the touring star.

Sean and I have another site. It got twenty hits yesterday. They were all for the phrase "Keira Knightley's boobs" This internet thing is great.

I also decided the problem with the Timberwolves isn't personnel. In fact, I think the coach has been grouping the wrong packages, and not allowing people to just play. In the game against the rockets Kandi had 10 points in the first quarter, and was containing Yao Ming. He was taken out so Ronald Dupree could play. That's not smart. Kandi is only worth so much, and limiting his time when he is effective (and may not be for a few more games) is bad coaching. Dwayne Casey is a new coach, with a middle of the road team, and he may not land on his feet this year.

And speaking of coaches, how tough is Mike Tice. He tore three ligaments in his knee when someone slid into him on the sidelines. He stayed in the game and coached the rest of the way, on his feet. Tough guy. Big, too.

Ok, your eyes and my brain can't take anymore of this, so I just need to go force myself to sleep. Is it too early for a martini?

-
| <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>