EXPECTING LIFE

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

THE END IS NEAR


For some time I have been thinking about leaving Bemidji. It's not just that the town sucks, but that's a large part of it. There isn't anything to do here for a young couple, especially one whose friends have all moved away.

And really, that's what it all boils down to. We are used to having people to hang out with, and once those people left, there wqasn't much here to make things worth staying. We both have good jobs, not great, and we are in a good situation financially. When we move, chances are that will be worse, for awhile. But socially, this town just isn't here. Froydstravaganza is a kick ass time, to be sure, but most those people aren't my people.

So we have made the plan to make the move. Here's hwo it works: We are going to move to the Fargo Moorhead area. We are going to move after the wedding. The ONLY thing that changes this plan is if the right opportunity comes earlier, and we move before the wedding.

Now, here's the rub. To rent or to own. The big thing is the same as it is here: the people. We know people there, but they won't be there forever, I don't think. in fact, best case, we are looking at three years that they are still around. So we are a little leary of being locked in to a thirty year mortgage. Beyond that, we have visited a lot, but never stayed for a long period. And EVERYONE I talk to thinks Fargo/Moorhead sucks. I can't really figure out why, but maybe living there will reveal that. So rental seems like the way to go. Except we are ready to buy, and renting is a horrible waste of money. So what to do?

In other news, this is being excellerated by the fact that my job grows more boring by the day. When I am not dealing with irrational parents, I don't have much to do. By design, I set up the program to run itself. I think I have effeciently run myself out of a job. My hours are down, and I am bored bored bored. This spring, I am sure, that will be a plus, as I can focus more on biking and try to get in shape for a race. But now, it feels like slow death, and I would much prefer somethign fast.

In other OTHER news, I have been sick for the last week, and I still managed to lose my two pounds this week. That's right: four weeks watching my weight, eight pounds lost. Right on target. I want to lose anotehr 12 pounds of fat, and add five to seven of muscle before the wedding. I don't want my basic shape to change, so I have to take it slowly, but so far, so good. I should, in the next couple of weeks, hit a wall, and that will determine how well I am actually doing. Finally, I got to work out today, and even though my head is still stuffed up and feels like a bowling ball on a string, the wrokout went well. I felt a good type of exhausted afterwards, which is nice.

Sorry I don't have deep things to talk about this time, but I wanted to take a break from the drama and just post an update.

-
| <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>