EXPECTING LIFE

Thursday, May 03, 2007

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS

Hey, I will be the first to tell you that MySpace is just a cesspool of underaged hormones writhing around in an attempt to practice unsafe dating rituals and roleplay adulthood in mixed settings *I don't know what I just said, so don't ask.

But I have endeavored to use it only to keep in contact with people I otherwise would have lost. I have been in touch with people from the camp I taught at, people from highschool, and even my first crush! Wow.

It should still not come as a shock when I see someone, in this case someone I know, using myspace simply to hook up, or worse. But it did leave a bad taste in my mouth, so I thought I would just share it.

This was posted on a bulletin:

"100 dates- rules
Body: I'm wanting to go on 100 dates and write a book on it.


If you want to be apart of my personal project - then let me know.


RULES:

WE WORK OUT A DAY, TIME AND PLACE- I MEET YOU THERE.


NO- NO IN HOUSE DATES- OR NO COMING TO MY PLACE TO COOK FOR ME DATES

MORE RULES TO COME....
___________________________________________________

be creative and take me out for some fun. I also will be bloggin my dates for all to read.

It's gonna be open and honest- I won't use your real name- unless u give me permission...

IF you have asked me out before and I turned you down- heres your chance to take me out.


As of right now this week... My only free day is Sunday.

Next week- Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday night.

Besides doing this for a book, I'm screening for a husband.. Yup- Jadyn wants a baby sister...lol.

Okay only half serious about that last one.


Thank you - all u fabulous freaks...
(I mean that with sincerity)


If you want to set me up on a blind date with someone you know-- lets do it. I don't discriminate either.


Thank you again."

And, taken alone, you could actually think this was sincere. But the book has already been done. And then a movie was made about some guy who did the same thing. And a hundred people, like this, have already blogged about doing it. And she posted about it four times in the span of 24 hours.

But that's not what really gets me. I am sure a thousand people post blogs just like this one, daily. No, what gets me is the long series of this person, again who I actually know and grew up with, using the internet to whore herself out.

Sound a little harsh?

In the past month she has asked for flowers sent to her office (by anyone)
Someone to go buy her cigarettes
Someone to fix her car
Someone to buy her groceries
Someone to advance her money
Someone to help pay rent

And it bugs me so much because I hoped she was better than that. I really did. She is close to one of my very close friends, and even though we haven't gotten along well at times, I still wanted to think of her in a better light.

And now, I can't.

-
| <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>