EXPECTING LIFE

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

NEW DIRECTION

...because I have need of a space to write a few thoughts, and this space is still available, I am changing this from the sport themed blog it sometimes was, to a journal of my life, mostly as it relates to the arrival of our newborn girl.

For those of you that did not know the above, well, suprise! She will be born in 50 days, and we are naming her Keira Lorainne.

Today, I want to talk, if I might, about the pregnancy itself. I have heard all these horror stories about what it would be like: the mood swings, sleepless nights, etc. It may be a testiment to how well we deal with things, my wife and I, or just to her strength of character (more likely), but so far - knock on wood - it has been relatively easy going. Carly is, no doubt, uncomfortable, but she has not once let it effect her mood.

Part of that, too, has to be how amazingly excited we both are to have this child. This is something we have wanted for some time, and after a short period of trying, it happened. The idea of being parents, I think, far outweighs the discomfort of the process, or the "sacrifices" we are asked to make.

And that is probably easier for us, as well. We are not partiers, and our friends are all very low-key, low maintenence people, as are we. I know our lives are changing, and are about to change more, but our otherwise boring lifestyle lends itself to change easier than most.

Anyway, as you can see from teh scattered thoughts above, I am still trying to find a place for all this, and a process for, well, processing it all. This space, I imagine, will help with that, and might distill some of the things left floating in my head.

-
| <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>